As much as we all love summer, the lovely season can bring with it some not-so-lovely skin conditions. If you suffer from summer rashes, keep reading on ways to prevent them!
Folliculitis occurs when some of your hair follicles become inflamed and infected. It can lead to itchy, tender acne-like bumps anywhere on the body that you have hair!
To help prevent folliculitis:
- Be sure to shower and change out of sweaty, dirty clothes after exercising or being out and about in the heat for a long period of time.
- Reach for loose-fitting, light clothes versus tight clothes whenever possible.
You would think dry skin would just be a winter thing right? Nope! Dry skin can affect you all throughout the year!
To help prevent dry skin in the summer:
- Continue to moisturize with a non-scented cream after bathing daily.
- Be sure to shower after swimming in chlorine pools or the ocean.
Also known as “the mask of pregnancy”, the appearance of melasma often increases during the hotter, brighter months.
To help prevent melasma flares in the summer:
- Rain or shine, wear sunscreen daily!
- Be sure to seek shade and/or wear a wide-brimmed hat whenever you’re outside during the daytime hours.
- Avoid getting too hot!
These are just a few of the common summer skin conditions you may notice this summer. Remember, if something pops up on your skin, be sure to call us to make an appointment! We’re here for you!